Wednesday 5 June 2013

An Overdue Catch Up

So, Yes how are we all? Its been a lonnng Time since i blogged here, so thought it was time for a catch up! At lot has happened, so here goes.

First, its been nearly 2 years since i had my last lump of Chemo and I'm still here. So that's a good start. I now have to go to Leeds every 6 months for blood tests and a chat but things are looking good at the moment. I wont lie it was a hard year when they were pumping me full of that evil stuff but I've come through the other side and its made me stronger.

Next, about a year and a half ago we moved from Huddersfield to a small town just outside Doncaster called Thorne. We all love it here and all agree its the best move we have every made. The kids a settled in school, Shell is working and I'm volunteering at a local community radio station which i love.

We are also expecting another baby. After being told that i would never be able to have kids again after having chemo it was a bit of a shock, but a pleasant one. Its a boy and he is due on 15th of September. Other family news is that I'm now back in touch with my mum and dad. After a long 10 years and over something stupid on my side we are getting to know each other again, which is fantastic. I missed them both and they are both spoiling the kids rotten. We go to see them when we can mainly in the school holidays. And last but not least on the family front, me and shell got married in April. It was a nice quiet wedding with a few people. Just what we wanted.

Anything else????

Oh yeah! Ive started playing in a brass band again. It must be a good 15 years since i last blew an instrument, so it was a big choice going back to it. But one morning i woke up with a tune in my head and that was that. Also to complicate things I've swapped from playing Bb Bass to Eb bass, its a little smaller and i enjoy playing it. Its a small concert band not to far away from here. They are all a cracking bunch of people and have got my band mojo back. Will i miss the contesting side of it? I don't know yet. If i do, there are a few other bands around here that contest to join, but don't think i will.

Last of all. Darts. Darts is taking over my life. Its taken over the whole family in fact! We watch, we play and we live Darts. I write another blog about darts, just wish someone would pick it up and pay me to do it, that would be a dream. It takes up a lot of my time, along with the social media that goes with it. We also go to a lot of exhibitions all over the country, which we all enjoy.




So i think that's about it. I cant think of anything else to tell you or write about.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment