Tuesday 24 May 2011

24/05/2011

Hello ,
Glad you all survived the Rapture/Domesday/Armageddon, I wasn't really prepared for it, so maybe next time I will be.

Lots has been happening in the news. A wrestling Legend dies, and a footballer messes up his private life. But not going to talk about that.

Having leukaemia, I've had a lot of time on my hands, and I've been doing a lot of thinking.

Firstly money has been worrying me, or lack of it. I've applied for some benefits, but I've never claimed anything before and I can't get over how much hassle it is. I've applied for one benefit, sent all my hospital diagnosis letters off, to find out that the letters arnt good enough and I need a medical certificate from my GP. Having now got this certificate and sent it off, I now have to wait to see if I get it !

Another thing is we are desperate for a holiday. So I'm booking a cottage in the Lake District for a week in October. I don't really care what the weathers like because it's not home and we can unwind.

Also I've decided to buy a season ticket for Huddersfield town football club. Yes it's going to be a lot of money, but the brats can get free season tickets through school. So that's the excuse I'm going with (spending time with the boys).

I seem to have lost my Twitter mojo too with all this Cancer crap going on. I've lost touch with a couple of my oldest tweeters and seem to of upset a couple of them. For this I'm very sorry and will try and put things right.

Last but not least. I've been thinking about my health in general. Also I'm thinking about repaying all the help I've received from Kirkwood Hospice. I'm not a runner, so let's get that straight, but I did do a lot of bike riding.
So I've been on the old interweb and found an organisation that do charity bike rides. I've done a lot of thinking about this and decided to do one with them next year (2012). I need to raise a bit of money and need a bike, but that's the plan.
So there you have it, oh hang on didn't say it was from John O'groats to Lands End !
This is something I really want to do and try and split the sponsor money between Kirkwood and Leukaemia research. So I hope that when the time is right, I can count on a few of you for help.

Anyway that's it. Thanks for reading !

Offski.

I was sat in a wine bar, enjoying my own company. I took a sip of my drink and looked over to the other end of the bar. I saw a stunning brunette looking back at me.
She was wearing a Wonder Woman costume, with lots of flesh on show. We looked each other up and down, and both gave a knowing smile. I noticed she was drinking Budweiser like me, so I called the barman over. "Same again for me, and another for the pretty lady over there."
He said, "That's a mirror, you pisshead, and the rest of the stag do left an hour ago."


A famous Football Player is providing funding to build Travelodge, Holiday Inn, Premier Inn, Hilton & NOVOTEL Hotels on a busy crossroads in Manchester.
Apparently it's going to be a Super Inn Junction.

In the maternity wigwam, there were 3 squaws in labour.
The one on the left was lying on a horse skin, the one in the right was lying on a buffalo skin and the one in the middle was lying on a hippo skin.
The one on the hippo skin gave birth to twins, the other two gave birth to single babies.
This goes to prove that the squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squaws on the two adjacent hides.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment