Thursday 14 July 2011

The Funhouse part2

Hello again. This is part2, the downstairs of the house.

Downstairs was a self-contained 2 bed flat, often called the dungeon for good reason. The 2 residents that lived here were my favourite, but they had there problems.

N was a 6ft 5 caribbean male and was built like a brick shit house. He was the house gardener, which he loved. He had challenging behaviour, but had been placed in the house due to him repeat offending. let's just say he had a thing for the ladies, and had been caught many times doing bad stuff.
His police record was a book, and very disturbing. He had to have 24 hour male support, every day of the year. So I spent most of my time with him. Under no circumstance was he to be left alone with any female. To let you know how sneaky he was, he broke into a nurses changing room at the hospital, hid in a store cupboard unscrewed the light bulb and watched them !


M had severe Autism and schizophrenia. To look at him, he wouldn't say boo to a goose. He lived upstairs when he first moved in, until one night he snapped. He destroyed most of upstairs and hurt 2 staff.
After that he was moved downstairs. He kicked off many, many times. The place became a bomb site. Broken cupboards, holes in Walls and safety glass. Before he had a 'moment', he would run round saying 'broken' or 'dangerous'. When we heard them words it was time to batten down the hatches. I've been beaten several times by him, and because of N the males had todo sleep overs downstairs, so we got the night time moments too.
I never hated or blamed him because it wasn't him, it was the 'other' person. He could spin on one leg for ages without stopping.


I worked there for nearly 3 years, and with hard work I made it upto team leader. But taking the team job was a mistake. The other TL's were women, and always made out it was a hard job. Agreed the handing out of medication was very difficult, but the running of a shift was piss easy ! And when the manager found out I was doing the TL job, then helping with residents, she wanted to know why the others weren't doing it. So I became a target, they often tried to pick faults and make up stupid stuff. There nickname was the witches of eastwick, very apt I thought !

I did the team leading for 6 months, then lumps started to appear and I was getting fed up of the hassle. So me and shell swapped, and she went back to work, while I looked after the Whirlwind.

So why the Funhouse ?
Well has P¡Nks lyrics say :

This used to be a funhouse,
But now it's full of evil clowns.
It's time to start the countdown,
I'm gonna burn it down down down.

The evil clowns being the staff !

Hope this explains a little bit about what I did.

Thanks for reading.

Offski.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment