Monday 11 July 2011

The inner Geek

Everyone has an inner person, call it what you like but mine is a Geek.

So where do I start ?!?

Well I suppose 1st I was a band Geek. I played in a brass band from the age of 11 till I was 22/23, and I loved it !

I am also a bit of a Tv geek. Some of my favourites being
Star Trek (next generation)
Dr who, Red Dwarf, Blackadder and Monty Python.
I've just finished buying DVDs of Tv shows from my childhood. Ivor the Engine and Chorlton and the Wheelies being the first 2. I guess they just don't make them like they used to.

I'm a huge Motorsport geek too. Everything and anything.
In Crewe where I was born we had a banger racing track and I went every Saturday night to watch, £3 for a few hours out and get covered in mud and dust, fantastic.
This lead to me getting a job at Oulton Park as a marshal, all the Motorsport I could handle. I've marshalled at other circuits too.

The Matrix is one of my favourite films ever, and when I found out that Todd McFarlane (a famous action figure maker) was making 3 series of Matrix figures, I had to have them.
It took me 3 years of eBay and web searching, but I finally got the whole collection. Towards the end I came across American McGee's Alice, 3 sets of horror figures based on Alice in wonderland. I needed these too, but were a bit more thin on the ground. Eventually I found all of them and cherished them.
But has with all collections, things happened so I sold them on. At a very healthy profit I might add !

Finally I'm a geek for all things Egypt and archeology. I watch all the programmes, read all the books. I'm a proper geek on this stuff ! I went to Egypt with an ex-girlfriend and did all the trips. I was right at the front of the group getting stuck in, while she stood at the back, bored.

So that's my inner geek. Are you bored yet ?

Thanks for reading.

Offski

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment