Friday 15 July 2011

Google+

Google+ has been creating a bit of a storm on Twitter for a couple of weeks now. Last week I registered, only to be told I will receive an email when a space was free !?!

On Monday, I was sent an invite. So I followed the prompt and signed in with my Gmail/hotmail account. It was that easy !
Google+ is a cross between Twitter and Facebook with a little bit of MySpace Thrown in.

After spending a day on there, I've found out you can @ people like Twitter, and you get more than 140 characters, which for me was always a bugbear on Twitter.

Also like Facebook you can add Pictures, Video and there's a Chat service. And with the advantage of being able to add your own links to things like your Blog, and other social network sites, in my eyes it's set up for anyone that likes to share Media.

So it's ideal for Bloggers, musicians or artists. It allows you to show all your talents, safely.

When you start to invite people, you can put them in 'circles'. I think This is the key to Google+ working. Depending on what 'circle' you put someone in, allows them to see certain things. It's like a security level.
IE : someone in your family circle can see everything you put up and profile information. Where as the person in your following circle can only see the basic info you want them to.
I hope that's sounds how I was ment to write it !

Anyway, it's definitely worth a look !
If you want an invite, give me a shout.

Thanks fir reading

Offski.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment