Saturday 16 April 2011

16/04/2011

Firstly, i need to publicly apoligise to the way i spoke to my beautiful girlfriend shelley on Thursday. I was bang out of order and for that im so very sorry.

Not done one of these for a couple of days, so here goes. They took me off my drip Wednesday night and said that that was it, and i would be going home the next day after the docs had been round about 10.30.
So the morning comes and im a little excited, i have my last set of bloods done, then i just wait and wait and wait. Then at 11.30 the staff nurse wonders in with an 8 hour drip and plugs me in. Well that was that i lost it and shelley got the lot.

I have most of my drip, then the docs turn up and say i can go home at 17.00. I was packed within 5 mins, to be told that i will still have to wait, so they can sort my pills out, maybe i should ring whoever was picking me up, to come at 17.30.
I didnt have anyone picking me up, i got my pills and got a taxi, which now i realise was a bloody bad idea.
I walked through the front door of home, and broke down (i dont do full on crying, but this was), i felt like death and told shell that there was no way on earth i was going back for my next lot of chemo.

Anyway i calmed down a little, and tried to explain about my pills, and took my load i needed to take. I went for a long hot shower and to have my first shave for 4 days, i looked like i'd eaten a bear and left it's arse hanging out.
I had been given 2 lots of anti-sickness pills, but the problem was they didnt work, so straight out of the shower to say hello to god on the big white telephone, i went to bed at 8.30 the earliest in years but didnt sleep much.

The Friday i was a little better and although i was sick in the morning, i managed to keep some mushroom soup down, and felt better. I had a power nap at 12 for 2 hours, but yet again didnt sleep much last night.
That brings me to now. I feel a bit better today so thought i would have a catch up, which ive done !

Thanks for reading

Offski  

1 comment: